An amazing, amazing thing happened.
I have been officially rendered speechless.
Yes, yes I have.
And the Versatile Blog award by the same wonderful ladies; an award that makes me want to go dancing in outerspace:
I am so honored to receive these awards by these two wonderful ladies – I highly recommend both of their blogs.
Isis Rushdan is a madd tight writer who always has something interesting to say and reviews movies and books. She is honestly one of the most natural writers I have read; her writing is fluid and appears effortless; clearly not only a sign of talent, but a hard worker.
(I’m sorry for the poor construction of that sentence, please forgive me, Isis)
Julie Fedderson always has something funny and witty to say- she makes me laugh and then makes me think, which is an awesome combo. Her posts are full of passion; you can feel the fire of her soul at the seed of each post.
CHECK. THEM. OUT.
OKAY! So this time, I was totally prepared to take my picture upon receiving these awards, I even dressed for it:
WHAT! Nobody told me I had something in my teeth…crap…
Well anyway, to quote the man behind the mask “With great power comes great responsiblity” aka there are rules to these here awards! And I am so excited because I get to pass them on to FIVE MORE BLOGGERS! ::cartwheels::
OKAY HERE ARE DA RULEZ:
The rules are:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you CHECK THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
2. Share seven random facts about you
3. Pass this award to five new blogging friends
4. Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers
SEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MEEEE
1. I love showtunes. I KNOW RIGHT but yeah, I do. And right now I cannot stop listening to Follies and Memphis.
2. Something that inexplicably freaks me the frick out? Giant Bunnies. No. Just no. THEY FREAK ME OUT AND I DON’T UNDERSTAND. Also, yes, the idea of the Easter Bunny scared me so much, my parents had to tell me he wasn’t real when I was five. Like I really was expected to believe THAT.
3. In public, I am actually painfully and irritatingly shy. Yes. YES I KNOW but it’s true. When people are like Yo, sup I’m like TONGUE NO WORK and then they’re like Do you need a doctor and I’m like GIANT BUNNY SCARE-Y and then they run away screaming for the police and I have to go running in the opposite direction, it’s a mess.
4. I take my coffee and my tea black. And I also drink both of them equally. And every morning I wake up, make myself coffee before I leave the house…then I will sometimes buy a tea on my way to work and then make coffee for the office, as that is in my job description…and every time I buy a tea, the dialogue between me and my boss goes a bit like this:
BossMa’Am: What are you drinking?
BossMa’Am: You don’t drink coffee?
AG: Nono, I drink coffee, too, like the coffee I make and drink in the office every single day, even after I drink my delicious tea.
BossMa’Am: Oh. I only drank tea when I had menstrual cramps
My boss just celebrated her 85th birthday, God love her.
5. I take the subway to work everyday and it takes an hour to and from, so I WRITE THE ENTIRE TIME otherwise I would actually go insane. I call it a Subway Fellowship. It’s great how I fool myself. But I do get a lot of writing done, which is really great. And I totally encourage people to pick up the pen if it seems like they have nothing else to do in their spare time.
6. My imagination is wild, so I’m never really bored. I get frustrated sometimes that I can’t write exactly what my imagination is telling me, which is why I think I’m best as a playwright; because you can work with a director to have your vision come to life on stage.
7. I really care about people achieving and reaching their dreams and goals. If I could buy every single book any of my friends has ever written, I would. I would throw money at them like freakin CONFETTI if I could. I want my friends to do well and believe that there is enough room in this pond of writing and theater for us all to make a splash, so I will promote you to the bitter end and never feel jealousy or animosity for someone who is achieving their dreams. There is no such thing as competition; the only competition you should be in is the one with yourself.
ALL RIGHT AWARDS!
So in the spirit of the Versatile nature of the awards, I chose bloggers who really go out of their way to make their blog different everyday, and cover a range of topics and do a lot of things.
Also, Five Strong Women! YES.
In no particular order:
April Denton: How can I not? She does writer quotes everyday, writes poetry, has compiled an army of zombies, writes stories; basically she isn’t afraid to write whatever she wants whenever she wants and I think that’s not only admirable, but inspirational.
Tinkerbelle: I never know what to expect when I read her blog; she can make even the most mundane seeming day into an adventure. She truly is a tinkerbell on earth, spreading sunshine and cheer. She isn’t afraid to be herself and that is quite refreshing.
Saronai: This lady never ceases to amaze me. She write fantasy in a way that makes me believe it exists, whether it be a poem, a story, or just showing that there is magic in everyday life.
Merry Farmer: I just discovered Merry Farmer and I gotta say, she is amazing. She is not only an interesting writer, but a brave one, unafraid to share her opinion in a way that commands your attention. And also, Medieval Monday. Done deal.
Rhiannon Paille: Just entering her blog page is an experience, but her writing is out of this world. Visit her and see what I mean.
Well youse, CONGRATS on your awesome awards, and don’t forget to follow the rules and keep being awesome.
No, I’m not talking about a parking ticket or another Rocky sequel (hint hint Stallone), I’m talking about how the lovely Saronai awarded me another Leibster!
They told me RIGHT when I had just bitten into a sandwich (ham and cheese). I was in shock.
It was a mess.
I am truly, truly touched that she would award me once again. It means so much so I thank her whole heartedly and accept the award graciously.
So the idea behind the award is to pass it onto five bloggers who have under 200 followers. One of the reasons I am so happy I received the award again is because I now get to pass it on! ROCKIN’
And you, liebsters, it is up to youse alls to tag 5 peeps whose blogs have under 200 followers as well. As Spiderman says, With great gifts come great responsibility (and also, don’t turn Spiderman into a musical, but thats a whole other thing).
Mara Shapiro‘s blog Be Nice or Leave. She writes really funny and really touching stories about her everyday life. She is a really special, unique and creative lady. Go check her ouuut!
Miss. Kelly Stone Gamble‘s gorgeous blog, Staring Out a Window. She’s a historical writer and has extremely interesting anecdotes about this, that and the other – and all of her posts are exquisitely written. That is a word I rarely use, I had to spell check it, so you KNOW I mean it.
Are you in the need for a good time? Then stop by Red Mojo Mama‘s blog! The blog of indy author Kathy’s alter-ego Red, these posts are hysterical. She’s also donating proceeds of her books to help the Wounded Warriors Project. Amazing? I think YES.
Angela Write Now is the interesting and awesome blog of Angela Kulig. Filled with dry humor and juicy advice, this blog has me chuckling and thinking, constantly.
Dan Carey’s blog, which is really just fun. His posts are quite long so they feel like short stories, and are written with a strong, often humorous, narrative voice.
ALL RIGHT YOU GUYS! CONGRATULATIONS! You are all awesome. And remember to PASS IT ON!
…get awarded the LIEBSTER from the lovely Miss Crystal. Everybody should go check out her blog, because it’s awesome. To be more exact, it’s epic. And also it’s filled with fun randomness, interesting factoids, and great thoughts about writing. HUGE THANK YOU, CRYSTAL!
I know, I know, this picture is totally embarrassing, it was taken at the exact moment I found out, I just wasn’t ready.
So I’m going to pass this award to a bunch of folks who make me laugh, think, and think while I laugh .
April Denton‘s blog, aptly titled Poetry & Zombies and a Little Dash of Me. I mean, the title really does say it all. Her imagination knows no bounds. I especially highly recommend her Zombie-rotica. Yeah, it is what it sounds like and it is AWESOME.
M Pepper Langlinais‘ blog. She is a fellow playwright. Gotta support the playwrights, yo!
Paige Kellerman’s blog, There’s More Where That Came From. Funny is an understatement. A HUGE understatement. I laugh so hard, I have banned myself from reading it at work. Because I scare people with laughter. Just do it.
Elizabeth Hirsch’s blog, EC Writes, the Hilarious Misadventures of a Writing Mom. She’s writing an entry a day and they are all hysterical- and touching.
Isaac Thompson’s blog, Mr. Thompson’s Guide to Never Getting Published. Funny, funny and more funny, and great advice too!
Saronai’s blog, Muse Sings. She’s a fantasy writer and I love her writing like whoa.
Visit them, yo! And congrats to all you guys, save the little picture and enjoy! Don’t forget to chose bloggers you feel deserve the award and pay it forward!